If you caught my post on Monday you got a behind-the-scenes look at my kitchen’s photo shoot with The Tile Shop – and now here’s a look at things in front of the scenes!
To refresh your memory on how far my builder basic kitchen has come, here’s a before picture:
Can you spot all the changes? Let’s break ‘em down!
- First, I painted the kitchen four times before settling back on pretty much its original ivory color.
- Next came accessories and furniture.
- Six years after moving in, we finally upgraded our laminate countertops to granite.
- To keep up with the needs of our busy (and artistic) family, I added a kitchen calendar command center, and a display for Kate’s artwork.
- This brings us to our gorgeous new DIY tile backsplash – the star of this post!
- Last, but not least, we switched out our boring little pendants over the island for these large, stainless steel industrial pendants from Home Depot – they’re the perfect finishing touch for the space and I love them SO MUCH!
Here’s a look at some more of Megan’s beautiful pictures from our Tile Shop photo shoot:
This whole experience has been so much fun, and so rewarding! It’s amazing to see what an impact a few feet of tile has had on our kitchen. It’s brought a depth and warmth to the space that leaves its original “builder basic” state far from memory, and I could not have done it without The Tile Shop!
In case you missed them, here’s a link-up to our DIY tile backsplash project from start to finish:
- The Tile Shop Tour
- The Tile Shop DIY Tile Class
- Applying Tile
- Grouting & Caulking
- DIY Tile Backsplash Reveal!
Now that I’ve shown you how easy it is to DIY and what a huge impact it can have, who’s ready to tackle their own tile project?
I’m so excited to say I’m this month’s featured blogger at TileShop.com! Check out my feature for even more “after” pictures of my kitchen, along with my project write-up and DIY tile tips!