As a working mom of a 3-year-old whose belly I try to fill with only all-natural meals and snacks, finding a great freezer-friendly recipe is like hitting the mom lottery. That’s just one of the things I love about these No-Bake Cranberry Nut Bars! They’re also healthy, taste delicious, and are a great grab-and-go snack or quick and easy side for a meal.
Kate loves getting KIND bars when we’re on the go (one of the few things that comes in a wrapper that I’ll let her eat) – but they’re pricey. The ingredients are refreshingly simple (usually nuts, fruit, and honey) so I hit up Google to research some homemade KIND bar recipes. I settled on the recipe below (adapted from Delighted Momma) because of its short list of simple ingredients. They’re a little softer and creamier than a KIND Fruit & Nut Bar, but they’re equally as good!
1 & 1/2 c. chopped mixed nuts
1/2 c. puffed millet
1 c. unsweetened, dried cranberries
1/2 c. all-natural honey (Update: Try using 1/3 c. honey if your bars fall apart too easily.)
2 T. coconut butter
- Mix together chopped nuts, puffed millet, and dried cranberries.
- Stir in honey until well-blended.
- Add coconut butter; mix well.
- Press mixture evenly into an 8×8 pan and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into bars and keep refrigerated (or freeze) until ready to eat.
- I use almonds and cashews for my mixed nuts (you can use whatever you’d like) chopped in a food processor.
- You can substitute the dried cranberries for dried blueberries, apricot, raisins, etc. to play around with the flavor.
- The puffed millet is optional, but I like to add it for a little extra texture and whole grains. If you don’t add the puffed millet I’d recommend reducing the amount of honey you add so the bars aren’t too sticky.
- Kate prefers to eat these cranberry nut bars straight out of the freezer – no thawing necessary!
This post contains affiliate links.