I grew my first zucchini plant in our backyard this summer (love growing my own food!) and these muffins are my favorite way to use them up. The applesauce and orange juice in this recipe gives it an added sweetness and flavor that prevents Kate from turning her nose up at the fact that it’s veggie-packed, and keeps it from needing too much sugar. Winning!
3/4 c. orange juice
1/2 c. applesauce
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. white flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. shredded carrot
1 c. shredded zucchini
1/2 c. raisins
1. Beat egg in a large bowl.
2. Add orange juice, applesauce, and sugar. Beat well.
3. Sift together dry ingredients.
4. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture. Mix until moist.
5. Gently fold in shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, and raisins.
6. Spoon into well greased muffin pan, about 2/3 full.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
This recipe makes 12 freezer-friendly muffins. Enjoy!