Looking for a memorable way to exchange Valentine’s Day greetings this February 14th? Try these fun and easy DIY Valentine Poppers!
Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
Double Stick Tape
Goodies to go inside!
1. Cut tissue paper into 11.5″ x 11.5″ square. Place a piece of double stick tape on one end of the tissue paper and center toilet paper roll on tissue paper
2. Roll tissue paper around toilet paper roll up, and secure other end with double stick tape.
3. Gather tissue paper at one end of the roll and tie with ribbon.
4. Cut wrapping or decorative paper into a piece that’s 4″ wide and 6.5″ long. Wrap around toilet paper roll and secure with double stick tape.
5. Fill roll with fun goodies for the kiddos! I used lollipops, stickers, bubbles, rings, and erasers.
6. Gather tissue paper at the open end of the roll and tie with ribbon.
7. Add label (free printable below) using double stick tape.
8. Give to your favorite little one and let the fun begin!
Since they’re “poppers” that burst open, I added labels to them saying, “Bursting with joy to have you for a friend! Happy Valentine’s Day.” Not only are they fitting for the gift, but they’re also age-appropriate for the little ones!
Get your free Valentine’s Printable here: Valentine Popper Labels
Time to start collecting those toilet paper rolls!
Want to see more? I’ll be appearing on ABC’s Wake Up Wisconsin on behalf of Hometalk next Tuesday morning to demo this project live at 6:45am!
Like this repurposed DIY project? Today I’m joining forces with a few lovely ladies who also share a love of repurposing, recycling, and reusing. Click on over to their sites and check out these creative ideas!
Lovely Etc.: Dining Room Chairs Transformed with a Shower Curtain
Thrifty and Chic: Turn old shirts into lampshade covers
Life as a Thrifter: Crazy Easy Reuseable Tracing Mats
Bigger Than The Three Of Us: Make a lamp out of a candlestick
It All Started With Paint: Paper Flowers